Amit specialises in complex wireless transactions and strategy projects, for example winning and implementing the third mobile licence in Egypt, and is an expert on spectrum policy.
Amit has over 15 years of experience advising fixed and mobile operators, regulators/government bodies, financial institutions and equipment manufacturers on commercial, technical and regulatory issues. He has supported several multi-billion dollar M&A and debt financing transactions and has led numerous high-profile studies in the area of radio spectrum policy. Amit brings a global perspective to his work having undertaken projects for clients in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Prior to forming the initial management team of Aetha in 2011, Amit was a Partner at Analysys Mason (a specialist telecoms strategy consultancy). Previous employers include Deloitte Consulting, Smith System Engineering and the UK Radiocommunications Agency (now part of Ofcom).
Amit holds an M.Sc. in Radio Frequency and Communications Engineering from the University of Bradford and an M.B.A. from the University of Warwick, UK.
Examples of projects which illustrate the breadth of Amit's experience include:
- Management of a successful application for the Egyptian third mobile licence (USD3 billion)
- Assessment of network sharing and the provision of wholesale services to MVNOs undertaken on behalf of an Asian mobile network operator
- Programme assisting a multinational telco to successfully launch a greenfield mobile operator
- Options for the provisioning of future emergency service mobile voice and data communications
- Provision of a tariff simulation tool and research on innovative global pricing initiatives
- Valuation and auction strategy support to a Western European mobile operator leading to its successful acquisition of 800MHz, 1800MHz and 2.6GHz spectrum
- International benchmarking of fees for cellular spectrum and development of recommendations for changes to existing fees formula and parameters
- Studies for the EC on the approach to the use of the digital dividend (2009) and spectrum trading frameworks (2004)
- Adviser to the project team supporting the successful acquisition of a telecoms operator in Sri Lanka (USD200 million)
- Commercial and technical due diligence of a MENA mobile operator in support of a USD3 billion dollar Shari'ah compliant debt facility