Careers at Aetha
Business Analyst (Graduate)
The majority of new starters join Aetha as a Business Analyst, either moving from a different industry or straight from university.
A typical day may involve the development of a financial model in Excel (for example, a spectrum valuation or service cost model), preparation of a white-paper report on a key industry topic, or the preparation of a presentation on the results of your work. You will also have the opportunity for extensive international travel, during which you may be required to present your work to our clients’ senior management teams.
Whilst Aetha operates in a technical sector, the output of our work is predominantly financial. An interest in technology (particularly telecoms) is essential - whilst we do not expect a prior knowledge of telecoms, this is something we expect you to develop throughout your time at Aetha.
All employees are encouraged to get involved with internal tasks from the start of their career at Aetha, allowing you to make a real difference to how the company operates. This includes assisting the Partners with marketing and recruitment, developing our website and intranet, and improving our in-house templates and tools. We are looking for people who are proactive and keen to get involved in all aspects of the business.
You will be working directly with the Partners, who will provide you with continuous feedback, allowing you to develop your skills and progress quickly. For Business Analysts, Aetha operates a six-month appraisal cycle, during which your personal performance will be reviewed and your salary adjusted accordingly.
What we offer
- A competitive salary of >£35,000, depending on experience
- An annual bonus scheme (targeted at 10% of salary for good performers during an on-budget year; our best performers can receive much larger bonuses)
- Other benefits such as medical insurance and cycle-to-work scheme
- A strong university degree in a numerate subject (2:1 or higher in the UK, or equivalent elsewhere)
- Post-graduate qualifications (including Masters and PhDs) are a plus
- Fluent in English, with other languages being a plus (especially Spanish and/or French)
- Excel and programming skills are an advantage
- Prior telecoms knowledge is not essential but an interest in telecoms and technology is desirable
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
We hire Business Analysts throughout the year and, therefore, there is no application deadline for this role.
- Online numeracy test
- First-round interview in our Cambridge office (or remotely for candidates based outside the UK), including case studies
- Second-round interview in our Cambridge office, including a discussion with our Managing Partner