Careers at Aetha
Aetha offers at most two internships each year to penultimate year university students, taking place for 10-12 weeks during the summer. As an intern, you will be treated exactly the same as a graduate Business Analyst and will immediately receive exposure to Aetha projects, working directly with the Partners. Please note that this is a paid position.
A typical day may involve the development of a financial model in Excel (for example, a spectrum valuation or service cost model), preparation of a white-paper report on a key industry topic, or the preparation of a presentation on the results of your work. Depending on your assigned project(s), you may have the opportunity to visit international client sites.
Whilst Aetha operates in a technical sector, the output of our work is predominantly financial. An interest in technology (particularly telecoms) is essential - whilst we do not expect a prior knowledge of telecoms, this is something we expect you to develop throughout your time at Aetha.
We believe that internships are an excellent opportunity for you to experience the company and the way we work, as well as for us to see you in action. As such, if you perform well, there are opportunities to move onto the Business Analyst programme after graduation.
- You should be studying towards a strong university degree in a numerate subject, and on-track for a 2:1 or higher in the UK, or equivalent elsewhere
- Fluent in English, with other languages being a plus (especially Spanish and/or French)
- Excel and programming skills are an advantage
- Prior telecoms knowledge is not essential but an interest in telecoms and technology is desirable
Application process [CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER OF 2020 - APPLY AGAIN FOR SUMMER 2021]
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
We do not have a specific deadline for internship applications. However, we encourage you to apply early before places are filled.
- Online numeracy test
- Interview in our Cambridge office, including case studies