With 16 years of experience, Pierre has a long track record in helping operators, as well as strategic and financial investors to close deals and carry out post-deal integration.
Pierre led the analysis behind the winning bid for Türk Telecom in 2005, and then spent several years advising at C-level on all aspects of the integration. Pierre also designed and implemented the budget and business plan process for a large telecoms group. His detailed knowledge and expertise in fixed and mobile telco operations has led him to become a highly sought-after market and technical adviser on major transactions. Pierre has supported over 50 transactions, including licence acquisitions, due diligence for fixed and mobile assets, valuation of content rights and synergy analysis. Pierre has worked in over 60 different countries, including countries in Latin and Central America, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Pierre joined the Aetha management team in 2011. He previously worked as a Partner at Analysys Mason (a specialist telecoms strategy consultancy). Prior to that he worked at Nomura International plc and Vivendi Telecom International.
Pierre has an M.Sc. in Physics from Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, plus a European Masters Degree in Society, Science and Technology from the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Examples of projects which illustrate the breadth of Pierre's experience include:
- Spectrum valuation and auction support (including Colombia, Bolivia, Honduras, Salvador, Tanzania, DRC, and Chad)
- Due diligence and support with licence acquisition (including Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Slovenia, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia)
- Transaction support, including acquisition of a stake in an international MVNO, valuation of premium football rights on behalf of an operator, and vendor due diligence of mobile assets
- Due diligence and synergy assessment including an integrated fixed-mobile operator in Eastern Europe and two mobile operators in West Africa
- Business plan for newly established wholesale operators with domestic backbone and international submarine cable capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Development of the budget and strategic plan process for fixed and mobile operators
- Development of business cases for operators and investors, including a business case for mobile money for a multi-country operator in the Middle East, a business case for femtocells for a fixed-line operator and preparation of a LTE business plan for an ISP
- Definition of the commercial strategy for Mobile Number Portability for mobile operators in Latin America and support to the regulator in Costa Rica to prepare the RFP for the number database
- Assessment of the impact of broadband in India for the GSMA